Thursday, June 1, 2017

China Head Doll

When I was researching Civil War era doll clothes to make for my daughter Addy's American Girl doll (also named Addy), I kept coming across these beautiful china head dolls.  I was so blown away by their beauty and history.  One day we came across a broken one on ebay that didn't have china feet.  It was affordable so we got her!  Here she is posing with Addy (the doll):



I was nervous having the china head doll stand.  She was too tall for any of my doll stands!  I had to stand her up with a taper candle stick up the back of her dress.  I quickly sat her down in a chair I had picked up weeks ago for $3 at the thrift shop. I set up Addy and quickly got my camera.  It wasn't until after I took the picture that I noticed their hands!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Large 1950s Fashion Dolls

This is my small group of large 50s fashion dolls:      The one on the left say 376 13 eyes on the back of her head. She looks like a M...