Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Mystery Dolls

Antique Painted Celluloid ?

For sale: $12 + shipping














Here is a picture of a doll named Candy.  She's about 10" tall. :


I found her in the thrift shop for $10.  She came with some clothes and a booklet. 


So far I've been unable to find any information on her...


 

I love the way her knees work.  They snap straight so she can stand and is very well balanced, yet they can bend to a nice sitting position.  She looks like something from the late 50s or early 60s.



The bottom of her shoes say this, and her clothes have no tags but are well constructed:
 

More pictures from her book :)



 
 
  

If I ever get anyone that knows dolls to read my blog, maybe they can tell me more...

Jolly Toys, Kaysam, Nasco


While this toy does have a faint marking on the back of her head saying Jolly Toys, the company itself is a bit of a Mystery. She looks like another doll I've seen named Cutie Pie. Some of the dolls they have made are the stuff of nightmares.  This little cutie, however is very sweet.  My first picture of her is in my workshop at night under low light because her hair and skin are a mess and her dress is torn and dirty.  Very undignified.  Hopefully there will be more pictures with washed reset hair, a mended washed dress, and perhaps some respectable shoes and socks... 



She has an interesting profile.  Her upper lip is very prominent.

Cissy Face Child Doll

I have no idea who this is.  There are no markings.  Her face looks like a Madame Alexander Cissy Doll.  She is well made, well preserved, and beautiful.














No comments:

Post a Comment

Large 1950s Fashion Dolls

This is my small group of large 50s fashion dolls:      The one on the left say 376 13 eyes on the back of her head. She looks like a M...